All About Us
Inland Empire ACBS was started from members who were already members of other chapters in the northwest. We realized there was a core of members and even more to be added in northern Idaho and eastern Washington, a group petitioned to be recognized as a chapter in 2000. Inland Empire Chapter is still part of the northwest group of chapters (Columbia Willamette, Pacific Northwest, Big Sky and Okanagan Chapters) and we coordinate our events throughout the summer so that there is always a near-by boat show with no overlapping conflicts.
By now, Inland Empire members come from far and wide, as do event participants, just to be in the beautiful scenery and in the clear lakes with their vintage boats.
President - Ron Yandt
Vice President - Wes Yandt
Treasurer - Mike Wilson
Secretary - Kathy Dutro
Past President - BK Powell
January 16, 1948 - June 23, 2023
John passed away June 23, 2023 in Coeur d’Alene surrounded in love by family and friends. John is survived by his wife of 40 plus years, Jan (Janice) Finneman Keener, along with his daughter, Cody Rogo and son, Gaite Kennedy with families and many cousins of John’s in New York and Florida.
Born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in Queens, John graduated from Forest Hills High School. He attended Fordham University and aspired to become a history teacher. An avid skier who frequented New York, Vermont and the Alps, John was eventually motivated to move west for more challenging slopes. He ingrained a love for the sport into his family and ski vacations with many friends all over the Rockies were a yearly occurrence.
Based in Spokane, Washington, he worked for AT&T, US West and Quest for over 30 years where he met his wife. She shared coffee from her company truck and the love grew from there. They both settled into the Coeur d’Alene area where they hand-built their beloved lake place and spent 22 years living near Kidd Island Bay. The lake and boating became a part of everyday life and a career for Jan selling real estate. Wooden boats were a love and hobby for them both and you could usually find the Donna Rossa, a frequenter of any boat show in the area. Knowledgeable in darn near everything, an avid reader and gun collector, he was as much a jokester as he laid his heart on his sleeve.
Services for John will be held on Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 2:00 PM at Yates Funeral Home – Coeur d’Alene Chapel, 744 N 4th St, Cd’A.
October 5, 1938 - August 13, 2023
Christopher Knapton, 84, of Wichita Falls, passed away on Sunday, August 13, 2023, surrounded by his loving family. A son of the late Lilian Christine (Holland) and Frederick Leslie Knapton, Christopher was born on October 5, 1938, in Norwich, England. Chris was a lover of the sea, traveler of the world, and wonderful father to 5 children spanning his lifetime. He was driven and believed the only way to go to bed with a clear conscious was after a hard day's work. He taught his children the importance of integrity and grit, allowing them to conquer life’s greatest challenges with independence. He was a loving and caring husband who showed his love every day in his words and actions. Christopher loved to travel across the country and gained a variety of friends with his razor-sharp wit and tenacious spirit. He will be missed by the wide array of people whose lives he touched. Along with his parents, Christopher was also preceded in death by his daughter, Cindy Simmons. He is survived by his wife Melody, his daughter Cheryl Weir, his sons Keith Knapton, Steven Knapton, and Jerry Tilson, along with 9 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Chris was the organizer and the first President of the Inland Empire Chapter of ACBS. He was the first person that my son, Wes and I talked with about joining the Inland Empire Chapter. He was a good promoter of the Chapter. Chris remained involved with the chapter even after he and Melody moved to Texas. In 2016, Chris attended the Sandpoint show and helped with the judging and the awards presentation. Chris had two very nice boats, a Century Resorter named "Topher" and a Stancraft Beaver Tail named "Bucky Beaver".
Melody can be reached at:
4604 Wendover Street
Wichita Falls, TX 76309.
- Sun, Sep 10PetoskeySep 10, 7:00 AM – Sep 16, 7:00 AMPetoskey, Bay Harbor, Petoskey, MI 49770, USA
- Fri, Sep 01Priest Lake, Idaho, USASep 01, 10:10 AM – Sep 04, 3:00 PMPriest Lake, Idaho, USA
- Fri, Aug 11Coeur d'Alene Resort BoardwalkAug 11, 10:00 AM – Aug 13, 10:00 AMCoeur d'Alene Resort Boardwalk, 115 S 2nd St, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814, USA
- Sun, Aug 06Harrison Docks, IdahoAug 06, 11:00 AMHarrison Docks, Idaho
- Fri, Jul 14Sandpoint Marina BoardwalkJul 14, 10:00 AM – Jul 16, 3:00 PMSandpoint Marina Boardwalk, Sand Creek, Sandpoint, ID 83864, USAJul 14, 10:00 AM – Jul 16, 3:00 PMSandpoint Marina Boardwalk, Sand Creek, Sandpoint, ID 83864, USAAn event of the Inland Empire Chapter Antique & Classic Boat Society, the setting for this annual show is perfectly lovely. The beautiful wooden and classic boats are docked all down the boardwalk running along Sand Creek right in downtown Sandpoint.
- Fri, Jun 23The Lodge at Whitefish LakeJun 23, 10:00 AM – Jun 25, 3:00 PMThe Lodge at Whitefish Lake, 1380 Wisconsin Ave, Whitefish, MT 59937, USAJun 23, 10:00 AM – Jun 25, 3:00 PMThe Lodge at Whitefish Lake, 1380 Wisconsin Ave, Whitefish, MT 59937, USAThe Big Sky Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society presents Whitefish Woody Weekend on the weekend of June 23-25, 2023. Whitefish Woody Weekend is one of the premier classic boat events, attracting award winning classic wood boats from all across the Pacific Northwest.